SQL Server 2017 is considered a major release in the history of the SQL Server life cycle for various reasons. From my personal point of view, SQL Server 2017 is indeed an interesting release. After writing a lot about it and testing various features of SQL Server 2017, I’d like to walk you through some of its interesting features.
SQL Server 2017 …
- is now on the platform of our choice; SQL Server 2017 on several Linux distros, that can run on Docker containers, and SQL VM in Azure, along with the good ol’ SQL Server on Windows.
- expands its reach to support Graph database technology
- includes automatic database tuning
- supports Machine Learning by adopting Python
- contains new dynamic management views and functions
- has new string functions
- And more…
Continue reading SQL Server 2017 top features